I am so excited about several new to me vintage patterns I recently acquired. I jumped right into making this sunsuit.
The original pattern calls for bias edging and plastic lining. I used muslin instead, and added a 1/4 in seam allowance. It helped to make the leg hole just a bit bigger, by not adding the seam allowance there. Note the elastic at the leg. I used KAM snaps and a variety of trim options.
Boy version with applique and no ruffles.
Finished sunsuit back.
And the girly versions! : )
Someone said this was not boyish enough for boys, but they are 3 months size, so I think it is fine. I am already working on another. I love the sweet simplicity of this pattern. It is very easy to make.