A 1940’s Two-Tone Jerkin

December 4, 2011


I wanted to share my latest finished project.  I just made up this jerkin from mustard colored corduroy with deep forest green accents.  I just barely had enough of the mustard fabric to squeak this out!  The body of the pattern is from Simplicity 3742 (from 1941) but since my pattern was missing a bunch of pieces I drafted some pieces and supplemented others from other vintage patterns.  I just had enough scraps left for my bound buttonholes, armhole facings, and I used the extra bias left over that I cut to make my initial on the top pocket 🙂

I don’t actually have anything to pair with the jerkin yet so an ivory blouse and dark green skirt have been added to my sewing list!

More about this project is posted over on my blog Wearing History.


  1. I hate getting a pattern only to find integral pieces are missing. Even if it was inexpensive, once you’ve started visualizing the finished product it’s a bummer to have your plans dashed.

    Love the monogrammed pocket – great finishing touch!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.