Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Were the instructions easy to follow?
these instructions were a bit more abridged than i’d become used to, even for vintage patterns. by the 50s i had expected more! i definitely got a little flummoxed when trying to figure out their method of attaching the collar and facings.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
that super-wide collar screams “FIFTIES!!” to me and i wanted to try one. also, i thought a wrap blouse would be something new and fun to try. eventually i want to try the trousers, because the overall outfit has a great vibe.
liberty of london tana lawn “rosy c” from B&J Fabrics
cotton shirting with ribbon accent from Paron Fabrics
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
i shortened the sleeve and eliminated the cuff, because too much is too much no matter how cute the top is. i decided to do the facings, collar and tie pieces in a different pattern just to break up the small floral print of the original cotton.
i put the main pieces of the blouse together first, and then did a clean facing application with some sew-in interfacing on the facing and collar pieces. it wasn’t called for and it was completely unnecessary, but it gave the facing some real strength and shape against the ties, and really made the collar feel substantial. i attached the collar using a “burrito method” approach taken from margaret islander’s “Shirts, Etc!” dvd. cross-posted, additional info on puu’s door of time