I’m absolutely loving all the great clothes that everyone has been posting lately, so I thought it was about time I got my butt into gear and posted again. I made a jumper (tunic / pinafore for those of us living outside of the US) from Butterick 5000 – how’s that for a pattern number eh? No date on the pattern envelope, but from the looks of it I’d say 1960s/early 70s – anyone else hazard a guess?
I started this dress to enter into the June competition, but oops, I missed that deadline! I like to call this ‘the dress that should have taken a few hours but instead took many weeks because I have a six month old baby who never sleeps’. I think you get the picture of why I missed that deadline…..
Anyway it was simple to sew as the pattern envelope claimed, although I used a rather unstable and thin cotton bought from an op shop or garage sale (long term stash resident so can’t quite remember), and even though I underlined it with black organza it still had a tendency to slip and slide and generally misbehave. But I got there in the end, and here is my dress in all of it’s school uniform/modest librarian look:
No further details on my blog about this dress, but feel free to stop by and see pictures of the little imp who’s keeping me from sewing and read all about my odyssey to stop my UFOs becoming my vintage sewing of the future!