western shirt

Flowery vintage western shirt

This is the second time I have made this shirt for Mr Ooobop!, using Butterick 5007. The last one was quite literally a year ago. I added some contrasting detail this time. Under the collar, the inside collar stand, under side of pocket flaps and inside cuffs.

contrast red detail

I also added some bias trim on the hem to retain some length but I love how it has ended up defining the shirt-tails and adding some more popping red!

bound hem

I made a couple of adjustments namely to the chest, shoulders and sleeve length but the most time-consuming thing of all on this shirt was the topstitching and flat felled seams.

Defo worth the effort though! More info over at ooobop!

 

 

{ 10 comments }

Retro from the '70's

Here it is! My first contribution to WeSewRetro!  I made this little shirt  for my niece and I also entered it in our county fair.  I found the pattern at a church sale for a dime and I got the cute zebra fabric at an estate sale.  The machine embroidery patterns I got free on-line.  I had a lot of fun puttting it all together.

Here's the back side!

{ 4 comments }