STyl

I finally got round to making a blouse from this darling Style Print pattern which I picked up over a year ago.

The difficult part of the project wasn’t sewing it up, it was deciding which option to go for.  In the end, I went for View B: a buttoned front, short sleeves and lovely 1950′s collar detail.

I used a linen mix polka dot fabric which had quite a bit of drape and stretch to it. Consequently the blouse sewed up quite large, even though it was only a 34 bust. View B isn’t supposed to have any darts, but I added two sets of darts to the back and one set to the front to give it more shape. The final fit is absolutely fine and I finished it off with some vintage shell buttons. It’s a great shape to wear – I’m so pleased with it.
It’s the first time I’ve used a Style Print pattern and the clear directions and sturdy pattern paper were a delight.  I’ll definitely be looking out for more of them.  More photos and construction details on my blog Handmade Jane. x

{ 5 comments }