Shirt absence from WSR but I have indeed been Sewing for Vegas as I promised a few weeks back, it’s just been terrible weather here and combined with Timothy working away, and out of town visits to friends and family, I haven’t been able to get some photos until now.
So where did I start? 4 metres of stretch slub denim going for a song on ebay. Perfect, I thought, this will be a good foundation for my day wear when I’m pounding the pavement and looking at the wonders the strip has to offer.
So I got out my Gertie capri pattern and cut out the pieces (in a bigger size than my test pattern a few months ago) and got to sewing. I found the tips over at Handmade Jane’s blog on denim sewing tips a great help and before you knew it (and in a day) I had a pair of denim capris.
If you’d like to find out more about the shorts and skirt hop over to me blog post!
I love separates! But pretty dresses often distract me…… Today I’ve been good and worn two new me-made separates.
The blouse is Butterick 7641 c. 1958. And the shorts are Wearing History’s WWII Overalls pattern.
I love the little tab details on this blouse! They give it a bit of a western feel.
And I’m so loving these shorts this summer! It’s hard for me to find shorts that fit well since I’m so curvy. Even repro companies often are not curvy enough. I’m so happy that I finally conquered my fear of denim because it’s really not that bad!
More photos and construction details over on the blog.
I know its a bit early in the year for shorts. Seems odd to be sewing them while its -6 outside but I shall explain.
I bought Eliza M’s Swing, Hop Pants pattern and as I had limited material I couldn’t make two ‘full length’ pairs and needed to do a test run through. So brainwave….I’ll just make shorts.
Made facing from some spare material I had left over from another project. I also used up my only zip the right length so will have to buy another one before I can start on trousers proper. I found the project came together very quickly. Even hand sewing and pressing properly at each stage it only took me a weekend and one day.
The most time was spent on deciding on what length to make the shorts. Ended up looking a bit famous five-ish with the longer length. For more pics and detail go to my blog.
Sorry about the rubbish photo’s hope to get decent pics when the weather warms up. lol!