I loved the dress and the wearable muslin so much I decided to make another version.
This time I choose view D which included sleeves and contrasting elements.
My fabric choice was a pale pink cotton with little dark pink flowers on it. For the contrast I choose a dusty rose solid cotton.
I had to make some adjustments to the sleeve, but overall I really like the look of how this dress turned out.
While this may be a modern pattern I really like how I’ve managed to give it a more vintage 1940’s look.
To read more about my process for making this dress check out my blog Akram’s Ideas (http://akramsideas.com/another-mccalls-4769-shirtdress-sleeves/)