psycodelic

So thanks to all those who made suggestions on my previous post. About what to do with the vintage fabric.

I decided to go for simplicity lisette pattern 2059. now in the past with lisette patterns I’ve found them to be on the narrow side. So was a bit wary and made sure to add extra round the hips. It was a very simple pattern. I was going to ‘complicate it and add sleeves but decided not to in the end and just bias bound the neck and armholes.

It was a very quick pattern to sew with essential just two pattern pieces.  The neckline both back and front I had to improvise some adjustments. The gathers became pleats for example.

I also changed from the lose ‘tie belt’ to one that just tied at the front, as otherwise I looked like a sack of potatoes. And added a little tag.

More information and pics at my blog

{ 2 comments }