I made this beret as a part of The Historical Sew Fortnightly 2014 and this is the first challenge I have completed. It is a wool beret in pink/rust tartan and the pattern is The Three Hour Beret, a reproduction pattern from New Vintage Lady, dating from the early 1940’s. I have wanted to do this beret for some time and as I’m also making a reversible coat with the pink/rust tartan, I thought a matching beret would look nice with it. The pattern was a little quirky and it was great fun to sew it. Unfortunately when padded and worn straight it looked absolutely awful on me. So I removed the padding and tilted it instead and it looked much better, if not exactly as intended. For another face shape I am sure it will
look smashing as it was intended.