McCall’s 5784

I recently made what turned out to be a somewhat corrupted version of McCall’s 5784 from 1961.  Here’s the original pattern envelope:

And my version:

Putting this dress together caused me more than a few headaches, but not at all due to the instructions or how you’re supposed to construct it – I made all the difficulties all by myself.  I took about half the amount of fabric out of the skirt, I eliminated the centre front seam by cutting on the fold, I decided to line it rather than face for no good reason at all (except that I’ve developed an intense dislike of facings) and I had a deadline to finish by.

The dress fabric was one I’ve had in my stash for a little while: a vintage inspired print from Spotlight and the neck band was made from a vintage remnant that’s also been in my stash for a while.

So, after the alterations, mainly that the skirt isn’t nearly as full as it ‘should’ be, it’s an almost McCall’s 5784.  You can check out more details on my blog here.

xox

{ 6 comments }