Hi everyone. This is my first post on the new (We) Sew Retro.
I’m don’t generally wear shorts but recently I was going on a trip to a city which is notoriously windy. Since I normally wear dresses and skirts, which are liable to fly up in the wind, I decided to make a pair of shorts to take with me. I used McCalls 5458 from 1960. I made a wearable muslin first (which you can read about here).
For my final pair I used some lemon printed drill cotton. I made a couple of changes to the pattern. Instead of doing a zip, I put buttons down the side. I left off the bows at the sides because I thought they would be too fussy with the fabric I was using.
I’m really pleased with the way they turned out even though I made the waistband a tiny bit too big.
More pictures and info on my blog.