Hello again! Melissa here. Today I’m sharing a dress I actually made last summer. I was inspired by a dress from the cover of a 1950′s detective novel I came across. I loved it so much I decided to re-create it for myself. Here’s the inspiration:
The dress is made from a cotton broadcloth with white bias tape details. I cobbled together a couple of different patterns I had to get the right shape. It’s not exactly the same but I’m really happy with how it turned out!
Thanks for looking! You can check out some more details and pictures here on my blog, Scavenger Hunt.
Hello, this is my first post on the We Sew Retro. My name’s Vera and I LOVE vintage patterns!!! Anyway… to the sewing!!
My sisters and I bought this 1960′s pattern off Etsy (above) and I was the first one to break the ice and use it! I chose view C. It turned out pretty much how I pictured…It didn’t really take that much imagination to envision. Everything in my closet that I’ve made has been fabric with a print-so I opted for a solid color fabric. I was originally thinking a lighter powdery blue, but I couldn’t find any so this was the closest that I got.
The cool thing about this pattern was that it fit me perfectly; usually I have to make some adjustment to vintage patterns but not for this one!
This is one of my favorite dresses now, I love the pockets that I added!
More photos on our blog, http://brentwoodlane.blogspot.com/2012/08/first-outfit-post-pretty-in-blue.html