Almost there , but I could do with your opinion….

By on July 21, 2012

Hello again from SUNNY England, yes it was actually sunny today šŸ™‚ …

some of you who catch my page on facebook know that i am making a 1950s dress for Twinwood , this is a vintage

festival in Bedford England the last three days of August…great fun 1940s and 1950s big dress up party…

You may also know thatĀ I made a 1940s Dress for my daughter to get her dancingĀ …

well it worked and she will be dancing at Twinwood with her new pals šŸ™‚

Anyway back to the dress..Ā 

I am using an original 50’s patternĀ (Weldons 2735) I got on esty from the USA ,

although the pattern contruction was quite basic, soĀ I changed a few things šŸ™‚

all the seams are french seams,Ā and IĀ put in piping and facings instead of just biasing of the edges,Ā I also cut the bolero twice so it looks the same inside and out…I will show you all more about that another time if your intested along with a picture of me wearing it

As theĀ fabric is an original printed 1950s cotton and i have stayed true to the period i wanted original buttons to finish it ….

I have been having very little luck finding some until today when I recieved a package from ebay …these arrived

sweet, but I’m not sure they are right for the dress…

difficultĀ I know , but if you could give it a moment and let me know what you think…PLEASE šŸ™‚

Ohh I also thought you might like to see the sweet little hatĀ IĀ foundĀ  to go with it …

Continue Reading