I recently participated in the McCall’s Shirtdress Sew-Along and thought I’d share my project with everyone.
For this project I used McCalls 4769 pattern which I had in my stash, unfortunately it’s currently been discontinued.
Since it was the first time I made this dress, I decided to make a wearable muslin first.
Once I was happy with the muslin I decided to make my final dress.
While the pattern was a modern one, I choose a floral purple print fabric and vintage buttons to give a vintage flare.
This pattern was a little tricky and I had to do some pattern grading to get it to fit right. Still I love how this dress came out.
To read more about my process for making this dress over on my blog Akram’s Ideas (http://akramsideas.com/shirtdress-mccalls-4769/)