In keeping with my resolution to make more separates for myself this year, here is one of my recent projects.
The pattern is a 1945 reproduction from Eva Dress. The original pattern is for a fantastic dress, which I have made twice! It turns out, this dress makes a lovely little skirt (at least I think so).
Time to re-think all of those dress patterns – they really make excellent skirts! Just add a waistband and you are ready to go!
More pictures and information about the altered construction of my new skirt may be found over at Lilacs & Lace.
Today I’ve gotten side tracked by the 1930s because of a lovely piece of rust and cream herringbone wool given to me by a friend that just needed to be made into something 1930s and fabulous. Eva Dress SE30-1399 had been waiting in my pattern stash for just such an opportunity!
It goes smashingly with this 1930s sweater I also recently knit from A Stitch in Time Vol. 2. This whole ensemble has me wishing for more wintery days so I can wear it!
Find more details and a pattern review on my blog.
I love when the opportunity to dress up presents itself!
I attended the opera this past Wednesday evening, so I had to pull out this gown (made for a gala event in 2009). The pattern is from Eva Dress, originally Vogue 6111 from 1947.
Now that winter weather is here, I am rediscovering all of my long-sleeved dresses.
This dress was made using a pattern purchased from the Vintage Pattern Lending Library. And I cannot wait to make up another version – the peplum version is calling out to me!
As much as I adore the Vogue and Butterick reproductions, it feels good to support the smaller companies that provide these beauties.
More pictures may be found over at my blog Lilacs & Lace, here and here.