So been crazy busy with school but its reading week so I have some time to post some things I have been making lately. Last semester I had a major Tailoring project which consisted of a waist coat and trousers. I ended choosing the edwardian era, about 1895 was the year I choose.
Before I came to school, I have never made mens wear or anything so time consuming, with all the canvas, slip stitching and cross stiching, india tape and etc.
This was also my first pair of trouser with a fly zip i have made. Which I know is not period accurate. But it’s costume studies we need simple and easy for quick changes if they are necessary.
It’s made from 100% pure wool and lining material that was originally blue satin which did not work out so i switch out for black.
and by chance I actually fit into my final project so I wear my waistcoat with jeans or some of my circle skirts. the trousers only fit because of the pockets that all my hips to fit into the pants!
Also not really retro, but this semester we made jacket. Totally got my teacher to let me make the latest doctors jacket and it fits!