Du Barry 5384

This is my finished Sew for Victory dress which I’m SSOO pleased with!

The pattern I used was Du Barry 5384 from 1942, which was an absolute pleasure to sew. For fabric I used a charcoal grey lawn-like polka dot and underlined the whole dress with white silk cotton. The only changes I made were to shorten the hem by about two inches and to replace the side zip with a long, central back zip (I hate side zips, it’s just a personal gripe of mine!).

Not much more to add except I love, love, love it! More photos and construction details can be found on my blog: Handmade Jane. x

 

 

{ 9 comments }