I made our little niece a vintage tweed coat using a 1930s Pictorial Review pattern: In true 1930s spirit, all the materials were re-purposed or came from my stash. We had some purple Woolrich tweed and black lining, and I cut the pocket flaps from an old pair of leather gloves. The buttons are vintage [...]


Or Paletot, this is the name of this little coat in French. I was looking for a pattern for a coat to wear with trousers and dungarees. After some research in my collection, I found this one in a Burda magazine (2010-10) The wool tartan was waiting for a project ! And now, I wear [...]


Can’t  quite believe that it’s done! This is the resulting coat from the pattern I bid for on Ebay about 7 months ago! The only alterations I made were to take 2 inches from the bust. I actually took half an inch from fronts and back panels all the way down. There was masses of [...]


So you remember way back when, when I worked for hancock?? Well, I bought this fabric. Covered in half naked cowboys and old red pick ups-with plenty of aloe for soothing after you burn yourself with looking wink wink, Anyway, I decided to make Gertie’s easy jacket from her Butterick line and use this for [...]


I just loved the fabric with small dots, and of cours I had to sew the coats in a retro style.


A long time… This is my coat, my first coat. I wanted one to wear with my 50′s dresses. Model from Burda 2011, january but with a personal touch to look in 40′S….        


Hi there, as this is my first post on WeSewRetro I though I would share one of my favourite coats that I made this past winter. At the start of the Autumn it occurred to me that I needed some staple, comfy, warm winter garments and went out on a couple of trips to the [...]


This coat is made from a heavily interfaced, vintage double knit that I found in the thrift store a few years ago. I made it using a self-drafted pattern. I think the coat has a very 60′s feel to it. It is fully lined, and features a large collar, puff sleeves, welt pockets, topstitching and [...]


I’ve been working on this coat for what seems like FOREVER! I finished up the muslin in 2011, started sewing at the beginning of the year and had it ready in 3 weeks… then my self-covered buttons broke (dumb cheap kit!) so I had to get someone to make them for me which took another [...]


Hi Guys I thought you might like to see the picture of the 1940s princess coat in green baby cord…I have just finished it ..yey!! all but the button holes which I am going to have done professionaly at D & M buttons in london. I took the day dress pattern in the picture ( simplicity 2161) as a referance then drafted [...]