We Sew Retro is a community for people who love vintage patterns, vintage fabric, and vintage style.
Posts made to We Sew Retro can be any of the following:
- showing off a garment you made from a vintage pattern
- showing off a garment you made with vintage fabric
- showing off a garment you made that is a modern interpretation of a vintage design
- sharing vintage garment sewing inspiration (for example, scans of vintage pattern catalogs, magazines, or advertisements)
- asking for advice on a particular sewing/construction/fabric/pattern/fashion history issue
- giving advice on a particular sewing/construction/fabric/pattern/fashion history issue
If you’ve got something awesome to share that doesn’t quite fit in the categories listed above, pop over to our facebook page and show us there
If you are unsure whether a particular post you want to make is appropriate, save it as a draft and let me know. I’ll be happy to offer some guidance.
While many of our members also run vintage or sewing related businesses, in your posts we want to see what you’re sewing, not what you’re selling. You’re more than welcome to link to your store in your profile (which appears automatically all over the site), but please leave links to your store out of your post.
If you would like to purchase a spot in our sidebar for your store or blog, we offer discounts for longtime contributors. See our advertising page for details.
If you would like to host a giveaway on We Sew Retro, please contact me to discuss. The only giveaways or promotion of giveaways permitted on the site are posted from my account.
If your intention is to drive more traffic to your personal blog, please remember that creating rich and interesting posts will always attract more people to your other endeavors than just dropping a link. Engage with our readers and they will engage with you