I did my dress based on 1969 Simplicity pattern (n° 8591 ) . It turned into a nightmare ! The 34″ bust seemed to be a 42″ so I had to revise almost entirely the pattern . I fought the sleeves and the fabric i choose was rough even after several cleanings !
I used A vintage fabric and always the same pattern ( Burda Young 7680 ) .
A friend gave this vintage fabric to me . I have just enough fabric to make a little top . I add few alterations to the Burda Young pattern ( n° 7680) : sleeveless , only one piece of fabric for the front and of course i shorten it to turn dress into top [...]
I finally made MYSELF a vintage dress. The pattern was Butterick 9499 and I believe it is late 50′s or early 60′s. I went with a green cotton broadcloth. I bought this a while back, and paid $1.99 a yard for it- which means this dress cost me about $10 bucks to make. Cotton… I [...]
I made this amazing blouse with a fabric thata a firnd o mine buy me in cophenagen! I really love the bow and the collar. I use a simplicity sewing pattern, I just make with a longsleeve
I’m obsessed with The Hour, an incredible show set int the 1960s, and this is the first dress (hopefully of many!) that I’ll be recreating from the show. The inspiration: This is a heavyweight cotton fabric with a fun lace print. I used Bluegingerdoll’s Billie Jean pattern for the dress. It was originally an off-the-shoulder [...]
I found these 70s caravan’s curtains in a garage sale . I have much hesitated before to buy them because even they were truly vintage and cheap, they remind me the modern geometric pattern “does vintage” i really don’t like . I add few alterations to the Burda Young pattern ( n° 7680) : sleeveless [...]
I sew this dress with a vintage 60s striped knit fabric. I add few alterations to the Burda Young pattern ( n° 7680) : sleeveless , only one piece of fabric for the front and waisted line . .
Hi! It’s been a good minute since I was able to post something! I recently participated in the fall for cotton sew along. This is what I made (: I used Simplicity’s 2370 from 1957. The fabric I used is 100% cotton for “home decor” purposes, but thought a dress would suit it better! Now I [...]
60s dress , red and purple match I used a modern Burda young pattern , 7680 .