Wild child Sophie

Hello everyone!

I would like to present you the latest big work I am working on : a 1950s suit jacket! It is based on a vintage british jacket I bought on ebay :

I only made the muslin for now, modified the pattern and chose the fabrics! I also read a lot about the traditional interlining and structure of a suit. Now I can’t wait to start sewing it! :)

If any of you have any advices for me for this kind of work, I would be very happy to read them!! :)

If you want to see more about this project, come and visit my blog :)

Thanks for reading!!

 

{ 4 comments }

Hello everybody!!

Here in northern France the spring is almost there.

And also it is still very (too much!) cold, I had a sudden will to make me a “paradisiac island dress” !

I used a 1950s pattern from “New style” for the top, and a retro high waisted skirt pattern to make my perfect Waikiki summer dress!

 

If you want to read and see more about this project, feel free to come and visit my blog! :)

http://wildchildsophie.wordpress.com/

Thanks for reading!

{ 7 comments }

Hello everybody!

Although I still want to sew summer clothes, I had to get ready for school!

Here are my school and beach clothes!!

 

 

I made me a 1940s outfit from two patterns :

Simplicity 3688 for the pair of trousers, and Advance 3047 for the blouse.

I used black synthetic and fluid fabric for the pants, and blue cotton with small designs for the blouse.

In fact this blouse is my participation to the “fall for cotton” challenge!

 

 

But summer is not so far away, so here is my high waisted swimsuit. It was made thanks to a tutorial based on a vintage swimwear.

I used marine jersey, I was afraid first as I hadn’t used lycra but it worked well :) . It was hard to sew but it turned out not so bad :) . I especially love the pleated sides of the bottom :) .

 

If you would like more infos and pictures, you’re welcome on my blog :)

Thanks for reading!

{ 10 comments }

Hi everybody!

Lately, I have been working on a piece that gave me a lot of stress : it was for a future witness at a wedding, and it was for the first time for somebody who wasn’t one of my relatives or friends! Not to say that I really had to do the best I could!

She wanted a 1950s style dress, with lace sleeves and pleated skirt. To make it I used two patterns from a vintage sewing book I received on my birthday. (The skirt from the first pattern and the top from the second). The lady also wanted a lower neckline, sleeves and belt with lace, and a petticoat)

After she tried the muslin, I made it with the real fabric, some dupion taffeta, with black lining and stretchy (for confort) lace.

And it finally looked like that :

 

If you want more pictures and inofrmations about the construction, I’ll be glad to welcome you to my blog! :)

Thanks for reading!

 

{ 7 comments }