So Zo

I always planned on sharing my self-made retro wedding dress with the Sew Retro massive, but I never got round to it. Lame, I know. Well, today is our 1 year anniversary and naturally my thoughts have been taken back to the Big Day, so it seems fitting to finally share it with y’all now [...]


It may seem mental to be making baby clothes before I’ve even given birth, but these last few weeks might be my last chance to get any sewing done for a long time! Dress Pattern: If memory serves, I bought this vintage Style 1106 pattern (published 1975, Size 1) from the awesome Snooper’s Paradise in [...]


I’m super proud to be able to share my recent creation with you! No they aren’t made from vintage fabric and no, they’re not made using a vintage sewing pattern, but I think you’ll agree that these capri pants have a distinctly retro feel. My inspiration was the super-awesome leopard capri’s (clam-diggers, pedal-pushers, cropped trousers, [...]


In case you are feeling a touch of deja vu, I must admit I’ve already shared this Floral Rizzo blouse on this site back in March. However, I have finally created a suitably kitschy-retro looking skirt which I feel brings out this blouse’s full potential. The skirt was made from a decidedly un-vintage 1990′s high [...]


Hi peops! I check this site regularly, but haven’t contributed since it moved house. Really happy to be posting here today. Thanks everyone for sharing your work, it makes for SUCH inspirational reading. I’d like to show you a recent project I made using a vintage sewing pattern, vintage fabric and vintage buttons. Pattern Description: [...]