savagespider

This was an experiment, of sorts. A test-run. I found the Alexander Henry “smitten kitten” fabric at the thrift shop (someone had intended it to be curtains from the post-it notes), and pink fabric left over from another project. Hopefully it isn’t too terrifying ¬†       **Edited to add that there are two [...]

{ 5 comments }

One of my latest sewing experiments: Simplicity 3875. Again. But this time I added a shirred section to the back to allow for my expanding and contracting. I had more fabric to work with  this time so the skirt is a bit fuller. The bodice is entirely lined, except for the shirred section which is [...]

{ 5 comments }

Simplicity 3238 was originally intended to be made as a halter weskit-style blouse and separate skirt, but for some reason it seemed like a good idea to make a dress out of it (rather than just use a halter dress pattern). A halter dress pattern would have made a lot more sense. The stripe-matching went [...]

{ 6 comments }

Hi! I have finally gotten the courage to post here, let me know if I am doing anything wrong! I would like to share one of my latest experiments: Simplicity 3875. I made it from some fabric I found online, the print was probably originally intended to be used for aprons. The piece was 1.75 [...]

{ 13 comments }