So, I’m kinda terrible at picking fabric. I get hung up on whether it will suit the era, the mood, me, and then I end up taking forever to decide. This fabric was originally supposed to be a skirt, but then I saw this pattern and decided it would be so much better as a dress.
This is Simplicity 4429 from 1962. I made view 2, but raised the hem line and change the fabric tie belt so that it closes at the back with snaps. The fabric is cotton with a small amount of spandex that I got from a local shop for $10 a meter.
I really like this pattern. A definite remake, but next time I’m making version 1 with the added pocket.