Molly-sews

Hello!

I recently made Simplicity 6057 from a crazy border print poly from an estate sale! It’s a girl pattern, but it fits me and my lack of boobs. I made view 2 with the full length and long sleeves. It’s pretty “bold” looking and I plan on wearing it to parades when I visit my friends for Mardi Gras. It’s pretty comfy and I might just wear it around the house! More pictures on my blog, here.

I also finally finished re-fitting and rehabbing a vintage lace dress from a vintage shop’s closing sale. The lace was really tattered and it needed a lot of hand sewing to repair it. I also needed to take in the top a lot to prevent it from falling down. More pictures here.

 

 

{ 2 comments }

 

 

 

 

Hi all! I recently made these pants using Butterick 4646, a “teen” pattern from the 70′s. They were really simple to make and ended up fitting pretty well with no major changes. I lowered the waistline about an inch and they are still high. I think I am in love with these teen patterns, since they were the perfect length ( I am 5 ft even). That was shocking and exciting!I made them out of brown corduroy, but I might make a denim version in the future.

Sorry the pictures are really fuzzy, I ordered a new camera…

My only thought now, after wearing them a few times, is that the zippers are really scratchy on my skin when I sit. The pattern did not include any piece to protect your skin from the zip, like on jeans. So, I would add that to a new version.

..

More pictures on my blog, here.

I am also having a 300 follower giveaway of mostly vintage patterns, here, if you want to enter.

Thanks for looking!

 

 

 

{ 2 comments }

Simplicity 3914

by Molly-sews on November 7, 2011 · 2 comments

in 1960s

 

I made this dress from Simplicity 3914 from the late 50s or early 60s. I have made it before, so it was really easy to put together. I made it out of this striped silk which I purchased at an estate sale a few months ago. I am really pleased with the final result!

 

 

{ 2 comments }