Hello Happy Sewers! I’m here today with my Chardon skirt, a contemporary pattern, made using vintage fabric and trim. I estimate both the fabric and the trim to date from the late 1960′s/early 1970′s.
This was my first experiment with attaching a trimmed border to fabric. I stitched inside the perimeter of the bottom and used a straight line of stitching towards the top. I have no idea whether this is an acceptable means of securing trim, but it gets the job done. Do you have experience with trims? What is your preferred method for applying it? I’d love to hear your suggestions. There are more pictures and details on my blog. See you soon!
Hello, there! Spring has finally arrived in Chicago, and in the knick of time! I made this outfit to commemorate the first day of my very first Me-Made-May. This outfit hits on three decades. The blouse pattern comes from the 50′s, the blouse fabric is from the 60′s, and the skirt pattern is from the 70′s. The pattern details and more photos can be found: HERE.
Spring was kind enough to show its face on Sunday afternoon. And, I managed to get my Mad Men SAL dress finished in time to take advantage of the sunshine and warmth. I don’t particularly need an excuse to sew a 50′s themed dress, but a themed SAL is a nice motivator.
As always, more information and photos on the blog.
Be well, Michelle
This is my supplemental project for the Sew for Victory SAL. In contrast to the blouse I sewed, this dress is frivolous and fun and makes me feel fancy.
As usual, there are more pictures and information posted up on my blog.