Hi all – I’m back!
It’s been both a busy and rough year for me so far, however now I’m back to creating on a much more regular basis.
This is my newest self-drafted retro-inspired piece. I’m totally in love with the print! I also integrated sort of a cap sleeve/capelet feel into the yoke by doing a drop shoulder technique with the patternmaking part.
I was also really excited that the Ford Galaxie was there in my neighborhood. Someone who lives there must own it since it’s always parked on the same street.
As always, you can see more detail photos on the blog. I don’t want to be a hog and take up too much room! <3
Hi all – sorry I’ve been missing for a while!
I wanted to share some super-fun photos of a very mod arrow dress I designed and made recently as well as a hat my friend Tanith made! She’s doing a whole style series based on decades of fashion and she picked me as her 60s girl! Hope you enjoy her series as well!
I just finished making this top which what I assume is some late 60s fabric. It has a Peter Max-ish feel to the illustration and the selvedge edge was printed with “Rosewood Fabrics Inc”. I bought it when a vintage store in Wicker Park was going out of business back in the spring and it was worth every penny as it is soooo soft!
I used patterns I had made last April for the Judy dress which was my 1st post on We Sew Retro. The dress has a tent/trapeze shape and thisis just shortened for a slight over-sized look.
I also have a few tips on sewing the placket perfectly as I did on this top (collar stand on the other hand was a very slight struggle, but I got it now). I think I’ll be making many more tops with a placket! It’s a nice little detail.
I haven’t posted in a bit because well…. after a really busy sewing-summer I have been taking a short break!
I’m a huge fan of the 60s/70s and that’s mostly the type of retro I sew, so while trying to do some stash-busting, I came up with the idea of an 8-panel circle skirt in -you guessed it- rainbow colors! I had all this fabric in my stash already, just waiting to be made into something.
This was a really easy pattern to make and sew, but I did have to fuss with the circular hem for a bit longer than I wanted to. The top is from a thrift store which I edited for my size. I couldn’t pass up a print like that!
I don’t want to hog up a lot of room on here with my post, but you can always head on over to my blog to see more of the skirt!