Item number five for this year’s Vintage Sewing Pattern Pledge. It took me a couple of years, but I’m on a roll now!
I made this dress using a pattern from the sewing magazine Beyer’s Mode from the summer of 1943. This pattern was in my size theory and when I made a muslin, it turned out to be pretty close to a good fit. I just had to add some length to the front bodice, which is a very unusual alteration for a small busted girl like me. I also left off the pockets. I thought double welt pockets in a slim fitting linen skirt were just asking for trouble and their position seemed really awkward.
More about it on my blog!