I decided upon a 1930’s style skirt (inspired of Sew Vera Venus post of many P’s). I started using the pencil skirt pattern I used last time from Gertie’s new book for better sewing but modified it slightly.
So I changed the front pattern peice so it was cut not on the fold & added seam allowance.
You can see my original alterations adding ease to the hips etc. I did cut a few millimeters more as I wanted room to dance.
The red line is how high the godets were originally going to be, but I decided to change them once I pin fitted the fabric.
I used to be afraid of putting in godets now I’ve found out how easy they are I’m not anymore. Only issue I have is hemming and getting the godet the right ‘level’.
So I just hung up the skirt and trimmed the excess of the godets.
Pretty pleased how it turned out. Although only thing is the fabric shows every little wrinkle.
For more pictures and info go to my blog