Debbie

I am so excited about several new to me vintage patterns I recently acquired.  I jumped right into making this sunsuit.

S1443.jpg

Sunsuit view 4

The original pattern calls for bias edging and plastic lining.  I used muslin instead, and added a 1/4 in seam allowance.  It helped to make the leg hole just a bit bigger, by not adding the seam allowance there.  Note the elastic at the leg.  I used KAM snaps and a variety of trim options.

Inside of sunsuit

 

Boy version with applique and no ruffles.

Boy sunsuit

Finished sunsuit back.

Back boy sunsuit

And the girly versions!  : )

Sunsuit with shoulder ruffles, flower and red snaps

Ruffly all around body front

 

Someone said this was not boyish enough for boys, but they are 3 months size, so I think it is fine.  I am already working on another.  I love the sweet simplicity of this pattern.  It is very easy to make.

 

 

 

 

{ 5 comments }