Cynthia

I know everyone has been making the bombshell suit, and I’m no different. I made it a little different than most people have, by making viw C, the high waisted bikini. For the halter top, I used McCall’s 5400. These are both modern patterns, so this can easily be made by anyone. Even though this is the most “modest” bikini I have, I feel the sexiest in this. This is a very fun pattern to make, and if you’ve been on the fence I highly recommend you try it out. It seems to be universally flattering. More photos and info can be found in my blog, Dapper Duds

{ 6 comments }

Simple and Sweet

by Cynthia on November 25, 2012 · 2 comments

in 1960s,Modern Patterns

This is made from a modern pattern, Simplicity 1873 (one of the Cynthia Rowley patterns). I feel that with the full pleated skirt and short puffed sleeves this has a very 1960′s silhouette. This is a great little pattern for lovers of a retro look. I added 3/4″ to the bodice. I accessorized with a vintage beaded collar I found at an antique store in North Carolina, and the bow is actually a pin I made (yay hot glue gun!) More photos and details can be found  in my blog, Dapper Duds.

{ 2 comments }

I finished the bra top to my 1950′s playsuit. It turns out I was a little premature in posting the shorts, but I honestly didn’t think I would complete the. To recap this was made using Butterick 8197.  As drafted this gave me freakishly pointy Madonna boobs. I had to do a SBA and lower the darts. Overall, I think this is a super cute way to beat the heat.

As usual, more photos and deets are in my blog, Dapper Duds.

xx, Cynthia

{ 4 comments }

I picked up this vintage 1950′s pattern at a local fabric shop and was so excited to have something so old to work with. This was uncut and still in its factory folds when I got my grubby hands all over it. Like a good girl, I traced my pieces and then carefully folded them back together again. I intend to make the bra top as well, but I’m having some fit issues due to my lack of a desire to have pointy 1950′s boobs.

These shorts were so easy to sew up. I used some green and cream seersucker and lined them for modesty with lime green rayon bemberg. I finished them off with an invisible zip and used two pearl snaps to close the tab. I LOVE these shorts. They definitely have a pin-up vibe to them. More photos and details can be found on my blog Dapper Duds

{ 2 comments }