Hi Everyone! I’m back with a pinafore dress I’ve made using various patterns and ideas.  I’m quite pleased with it and hope you like it too? Apologies for the back photo first – I’m having problems getting photos into the right place on here? Anyway… I used 5 different pattern pieces from 5 different patterns [...]


Hi, I’m here again with a 1/2 circle skirt I drafted myself and a bolero that I knitted from a vintage pattern. As circle skirts are notorious for being difficult to hem I decided to add a feature of self made black bias around the bottom edge.  I really like the way this picks out [...]


Hi, I actually made this dress last December and it was my ‘Christmas dress’.  It’s made from a pattern I bought off ebay and the dark purple jersey fabric was bought to make this dress. This is the pattern.  I made view C but with sleeves from view A.  I did lower the neck a [...]


  Hi, this is me in a jumper dress I made recently using Simplicity 6555 from 1966. I really like the shaping on the front bodice.  I needed to move the bust darts down slightly on my muslin.  Glad I made one!  I only made a bodice muslin and only half of one at that.  [...]


Hi everyone. This top is one I made recently using a pattern from ‘Subversive Femme’ on Etsy.  She emails the pattern to you and you print it off and stick it together – easy! It only uses a yard of fabric and I had this left over from a skirt I made several years ago.  [...]


Hi everyone!  I recently bought this pattern and decided to give it a go in a cotton fabric I’ve had in my stash for several years.  I bought the fabric in a 2nd hand shop for the grand price of £1.  This pattern is for a 36″ bust and I’m a 34″ bust so I [...]


Hi, I’m very happy to present to you my new sundress.  I designed this dress myself with the help of a (I think) 1960′s book by Enid Gilchrist – Basic Fashions for Women.  It’s a fab book that shows you how to draft your own patterns and alter them.  I used the square neck bodice [...]


  Hello, this is my first posting on here and I want to share with you my first ‘vintage’ make.  I have been sewing and knitting since I was a young girl but this is the first time I have drawn out my own pattern quite like this one.  I recently bought a fab 1950′s [...]