Becca

I made this dress using a vintage floral cotton that was given to me. I also used a vintage sewing pattern that I acquired for free: Simplicity 8827.

So this dress was essentially made for free, except for the cost of thread.

I made a few adjustments to the pattern (neckline, waist and length), but the overall style is the same.

If you are interested, more details, pictures and information at my blog.

{ 2 comments }

I started making this dress a little over a year ago, and put it aside for one reason or another. In an effort to make progress on my UFO pile, I pulled it out about a month ago.

I originally cut out the bodice pieces from McCalls 2287 from the ’60s.

However, I had to make a few alterations. I lowered the neckline, removed excess material from the armholes, and made fewer buttonholes.

This dress will get a lot of wear this spring/summer.

If you’re interested in more information and pictures, please see this post.

{ 2 comments }