It’s getting cooler here in Aotearoa New Zealand, while all you sewers in the north are getting set for summer, I’m glad things are cooling off now!
I have just finished this dress, it’s made with some lovely fabric my nana gave me, and I used a stunning Butterick pattern which was new to me this year, along with a couple of other lovely vintage patterns.
The pattern is a size and a bit too small for me, so I graded it up, and voila! New dress! In my blog post about the making of this dress…
…I share how I graded it up, it’s pretty easy, you just need a basic pattern (or pattern block) that fits well.
The crossover bodice was a bit fiddly, and adding the bias trim gave me more bulk to deal with, but in the end, I am happy with it.
From the back…
And the bias trim….
The bias binding colour was perfect, but just enough to do the neckline and sleeve cuffs. So happy!
Happy Spring or Autumn Retro Sewists!