This dress was made using Simplicity 3833 a reprint from the 1960’s. Its a simple shift dress with some interesting detailing in how it creates the bust darts/fit and with options for top stitching to enhance the features. I think the dress would look great in block colours like a 60’s mod look but I used a quilting cotton that was part of a Beatles collection – called yellow submarine.
Unfortunately I don’t quite fit the dress at the moment but hopefully this year I will see that zip shut again. For this reason you see the dress modeled by Mavis my dressform. The fit of this dress is really flattering. Unlike some shifts it has enough shaping in the waist to give a real pleasant silhouette without being “clingy”. I made the short version and I warn that this version is very short, if I were to make again I would use the longer option.
For more details you can visit my blog 🙂
Happy sewing. My machines are in service now so hopefully I will have some more current projects real soon.