This pattern is one of many that’s been waiting patiently for a special occasion. None more special than my sister’s wedding! But with all the excitement, we forgot to take blog-worthy, colour, full length shots. So we took a lovely evening stroll down the river last night, while the light was still good.
There were no major issues with the pattern though I did have to take an inch out of the upper bust. There’s no elastic in the back section so I had to make sure it fit closely to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions!
Very happy with how it turned out. And can feel a selection of these in different colours coming on! Once I’d got the fit right, it was very quick to put together. Only the bodice is lined and I used a self-drafted circle skirt pattern I’d already created to save having a central seam as per the pattern.
I’m wearing the dress with a fab tulle petticoat I found in a charity shop but it looks just as good without when a slightly less dramatic look is required!
More details and photos over at ooobop!