I made this dress using this design from the summer 1965 issue of the Frohne system. This was a German system of ‘enlarge to size’ patterns which was also sold here in the Netherlands. I’m showing it in this post.
Considering the obvious risks of such a system, I’m not at all disappointed with the result. I did make a muslin and lower the bust darts as a result.
The dress is one of those 1960’s designs which sits between the fitted, highly feminine shapes of the 1950’s and the quintessential waistless 1960’s mini’s. It’s a new shape for me and although it won’t make me forget the 1950’s, I like it.
There more about it here