I made me a swimsuit! And thanks to the wonderful pattern design by Closet Case Files I couldn’t be happier. Not technically a vintage pattern but it comes with a definite nod to the 50s! I love how it covers most of my body… and holds it all in!
I found it a bit fiddly to make, in places. And I can’t claim any experience working with spandex so I feel a bit of a fail on the inside where it looks a bit scruffy. I sewed the whole thing using a zig zag stitch and so the side seams for instance could really do with a bit of an overlock, especially where the rouched edges create more bulk.
I encased cups into the halter pieces and sewed them in position by hand with tiny hand stitches.
It really isn’t a bad fit for a first try but next time I would certainly make the elastic in the legholes a bit tighter and perhaps increase the body length a little bit.
More info and pics over on the blog