But before it came to be, I made a whole lotta mess that I never would have expected! I laid out the fabric, the pattern pieces, pinned them down, cut, sewed and everything was going smoothly and lovely until I first put the finished bodice on. Because, well, it was big. Like, a few sizes too big. I sighed while the cause of the problem unveiled in my mind: I’d forgotten this pattern had already had the seam allowances added to it and I added my own. And so, long hours of ripping the seams and fitting and sewing again (and trying not to swear) proceeded. The final product of said long hours is fully lined, fits really nicely and the only real problem is the separating zipper that I partially fived by adding a button and loop at the back. I’m currently too lazy to insert a new zipper, especially after taking so much time to sew such seemingly simple dress.
I’m really happy with the result. It’s a beautiful, simple dress and I’ve already worn it three days straight, and am currently sitting in it as I type. Gonna squeeze every last drop of summer out of it while the late summer still lasts here in Poland. If you like it, take a jump to my blog for more photos.
I’m now scheming another dress from this pattern, with bodice altered to sport a smaller neckline peter pan collar. Stay tuned!