To make it a bit more wearable in 2014, I made it in black crepe.
I didn’t make any alterations to the pattern although I didn’t completely follow the (very limited) instructions. I made the neckline a bit more stable and cleanly finished than suggested.
I ended up making a large pleat at the back which gave me a look much closer to that in the image. I’m still wondering if this is something they just didn’t in the instructions (which again, are really limited, just a few lines for pattern tracing, cutting and sewing) assuming the reader would understand or if it just illustrates my complete lack of understanding of 1920′s fashion…
Anyway, I love the dress as it is now and I’m sure I’ll enjoy wearing it.
More about it, including more pictures, on my blog