The belt I made from a 1950’s self covering buckle kit that I found on Etsy. This was my first time making a belt but I had fun with it. The fabric is just a solid purple flannel that you cut 3 times wider than the belt and fold so there are no exposed raw edges. The fun part came when I had to put the grommets in because at that point I realized I did not have an awl so I scurried out to JoAnn’s to buy one and then came back to finish the belt.
The prong was the most difficult part and I’m still not 100% satisfied with it but the belt works and stays where it’s supposed to. I’m thinking of making some belt loops on the dress to keep the back and sides from shifting around.
All the dress needs now is a tie!
Total cost: Pattern $7 (but I’ve already used it so it doesn’t count) Fabric $20, Lining $5.08, Buttons $5.18 and Zipper $1.49 Belt Kit $4.50 Belt Fabric $.45 Total coming to $36.70