I made a new playsuit!
I’ve been wanting to make another playsuit in fun colors ever since last summer’s adventure, and when I saw a watermelon print fabric at Joann’s I snapped up the last few yards that were left on the bolt.
I ended up compiling four patterns to get the basic pieces: Simplicity 4395 and Vogue 3282 for the bodice and Simplicity 3688 and Butterick 7761 for the shorts. I also put together a simple dirndl skirt without a pattern.
I’m super pleased with how it came out… I really like the high waisted shorts, and the watermelon fabric is such fun. I even made a little matching belt out of an old cheapy kid’s belt from Target. It’s a little messy, but it will do for now. I’ll definitely make the shorts again, although I may lengthen the inseam a smidgen! I’m also thinking of making another top option out of my remaining watermelon fabric & opinions on that would be awesome.