This is my first time Sewing for Victory, it has been a great experience, and I’m thrilled with the result. The blouse I made looks fabulous on my daughter – she gladly modelled it for me – but it’s mine!
This is the pattern I used. I had to do a fair amount of re-sizing and restyling, all of which is explained on my blog.
I did all the machine sewing using my 1949 Singer 15K hand machine, added the tiny rick rack braid with a braiding foot that came with my oldest treadle machine, which dates from 1913, and made the buttonholes on my 1936 Singer 201K treadle using a buttonholer attachment.
All the seams were finished using vintage techniques, so there is not a raw edge in sight. Here is the inside view.
My next sewing project is going to be a dress for my god-daughter, Meg’s, third birthday at the end of May, using the home made pattern shown recently on my blog. I will be showing the construction of the dress step by step. Meg’s big sister Lily will be watching progress with interest. Lily is ten and already a keen sewer. I hope lots of the vintage sewers out there will be interested too…