Update for Du Barry 5932

by Miranda on April 8, 2014 · 2 comments

in 1940s,Dresses,Vintage Sewing

Many thanks to everyone who gave advice for finishing this dress.

I used this cotton Donna Wilder Fabric

 

I took off all the ruffles, took it in at the waist, shortened the sleeves, and hemmed it to hit right at the knee.  I would have liked a navy belt to go with it, but I don’t have a navy belt buckle yet, so I added my vintage red flower buckle belt I created for another dress last year.  I wore it out last weekend when a friend and I went to Colonial Williamsburg (which explains the large tag and the large straw hat on my head – my friend and I do Revolutionary re-enactments, so the hat will become one of my props!).   And I even got a few compliments on the dress from other tourists there!  This one is sure to be worn many times.

 

 

Can't resist acting like a model

This post was written by...

– who has written 7 posts on WeSewRetro.com.

Miranda's posts / Miranda's website

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

brocadegoddess April 8, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Oh, well done! I knew there was charming dress in there, and look – there it is! With a charming-looking lady inside it!

Reply

Lauriana April 12, 2014 at 9:56 am

That looks really good. Great job hanging in there and changing it to work for you.

Reply

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: