I’m back with a pinafore dress I’ve made using various patterns and ideas. I’m quite pleased with it and hope you like it too?
Apologies for the back photo first – I’m having problems getting photos into the right place on here?
Anyway… I used 5 different pattern pieces from 5 different patterns to make this dress. The back bodice is from a 1960’s pinafore/jumper dress I loaded onto here recently. The front bodice top piece is from a purple 1960’s dress I posted too. The midriff section is from a 1950’s dress that I drafted the pattern from. The front skirt is from a pencil skirt I drafted and the back skirt is a half circle pattern I just chalked onto the fabric and cut out.
I wanted to play with the check pattern on the fabric and see how it turned out.
I added self made black piping to bring attention to the waist and midriff part. There is an invisible zip on the side and I fully lined this dress.
Some of you may recognise me and this fabric from a circle skirt I posted recently. In the shop I asked for 2 metres hoping there was enough on the roll. As it happened there was about 2 and a half metres on the roll and the shop gave me the extra half metre for free as it was the end. Happy days! That is how I managed to get a dress and a skirt out of the same length 🙂