Butterick B5953

Hi guys!

I fell in love with this pattern as soon as I clapped eyes on it! I finally got round to sewing it last night, im still deciding on buttons (it’s always a big decision for me) so it’s not completely finished yet.

I had to do quite a bit of adjusting on the pattern because im pretty short. I chose a torquoise and black houndstooth and a plain black trim. Theres a godet in the back centre seam, which I also did in the houndstooth.

Anyway heres a quick photo and I’ll post one of me wearing the dress once I’ve put the buttons on. Im really pleased with how it turned out :)

• Meet the Author • ohsewdarling

• Lovely. Excellent print for this pattern.

• I love the houndstooth with color. What a great dress!

• Wow! It’s stunning! I remember that pattern and loving it. And wishing I could wear something like that. I just don’t have the figure for it, I’m sorry to say. I think your fabric choice is as perfect as could be and I’ll be curious to see what buttons you choose. And do please model it!

• Such a beautiful dress !!!

• love this dress :)

• Really want to see this dress on the average body. Love the pattern, but not sure it would suit me so well. Your fabric choice is perfect for it!

• Thank you! I have actually got the buttons on now and a photo of the dress on, I will do a wee post today with it :) As soon as I saw the fabric I just had to buy some, it was pretty nice to work with too :)

• Would love to chat with you about this dress which I’m currently sewing. Having trouble with such a low neckline that the girls are a little chilly. Any suggestions on how I can alter the top flaps so they sit up higher? I have yet to put buttons on. Also, when you put it on, does the left side reach over to the right side sideseam? I wanted to put a button there as opposed to the tie, but not sure. How snug is it on you…Thanks for replying.