Butterick B5953 … finished

After all of the indecision over the buttons, I settled for some plain black ones! So here’s a photo of the dress finished and the nice little godet on the back. I would have used a plain black fabric but I didn’t have enough leftovers so houndstooth it is :)

• Meet the Author • ohsewdarling

• Wow, you did a great job. Your dress fits you perfectly and is so stylish. Nice work!

• Thank you! I haven’t had the chance to wear it out and about yet but will soon :)

• I love the houndstooth. Gorgeous dress.

SSB. https://facebook.com/sassysewingbees

• Thank you! Same here, I love a bit of houndstooth and its nice with the colour through it too

• Gorgeous!!! I want to try this pattern out too. It looks great.

• It looks fabulous and I like the back all one color.

• Thank you! When I think about it, the back is probably better in the houndstooth fabric :)

• Great dress, it is certainly well sewn and fitted perfectly. And I love those stockings! A great accessory.

• Thank you! I really did have to shorten it quite a bit for me. I thought the stockings finished it off but I really should have done something with my hair!

• Looks great in that houndstooth! I recently bought this pattern and hope to find time to make it before autumn :)

• Thank you :) Oh definitely post a pic once you’re done, it really is a fab pattern!

• I made this pattern, too. Wasn’t it a fun sew? You look fabulous! Great fabric.

• It was! Im a bit disappointed that I dont have any of it left!

• Hi, new to blogging (would love some followers ;) ). I bought this pattern to wear yo an autumn wedding, fell in love with it straight away!!! I would love to be brave and try different colours though but can’t think of a good combo!?

• Oh I just couldn’t decide on fabrics either until I wandered round the fabric shop and spotted the houndstooth! Keep an open mind and something might jump out at you! And post a photo when it’s done, i’d love to see it!

• That’s a good idea thanks :) I’ll fish this post out again when I’m done!

• I have this pattern and have been dying to make it. I love how yours turned out!