I am not sure whether to call this a mod dress or not. I am not terribly familiar with the fashion terminology of the 60′s so I’ll refrain from attaching any labels lest they be incorrect.
Anyhow, this is a 1968 pattern that I bought as part of a lot in 2009. I immediately fell in in love with the scallops and the color of the green dress but for a sting of reasons didn’t get around to working on it until last July. The muslin went well and revealed that the only adjustments I truly needed were shortening the length and adding some width to the sleeves. Yay for big upper arms! Not. I also removed some of the ease from the sleeve cap because it was unruly. I cut the fashion fabric….last July…. and didn’t pick the project up again until a couple of weeks ago. Seven months sat the cut pieces somewhere in my sewing room. Seven months.
I really love the dress. I love the scalloped edge and I do love the lime green, even if it is a bit obnoxious. Now I need to learn a hair do to go with it. There’s a ton more blurb on my bog.