Can’t quite believe that it’s done! This is the resulting coat from the pattern I bid for on Ebay about 7 months ago!
The only alterations I made were to take 2 inches from the bust. I actually took half an inch from fronts and back panels all the way down. There was masses of ease and I probably could have lost a bit more but I love how comfy it is and I wouldn’t want to be restricted any more. I also took 4 inches from the hemline!
The outer pieces came together quite quickly but each of the eight lining panels is serged and hand stitched with tiny stitches inside. That took some doing, I can tell you! The fabric is a ‘quality coating’ from Fabric Dreams and the collar is a short pile faux fur. At some point I’d like to add some fur cuffs too. But that’s another day!
So happy to have a warm coat! And it’s great for twirling in too!
More info and pics over at ooobop!